1. I am mainly interested in your blends. Do you have an at-a-glance blends reference*?
2. I have a specific condition I want to address. What oils should I use? Click here* for oil recommendations
3. What are and how do I use oils for girls, women, and mothers with their various issues?
(*Adobe Acrobat required)
4. How do I use essential oils?
Suggestions and Practical Uses
- Pour a small amount of carrier or massage oil in to the palm of your hand; add 1-4 drops of essential oil and apply to the area of concern or use to massage feet or body. Then cup your hands over your mouth and nose. Inhale deeply.
- If using more than one oil, layer them on – one after the other.
- Add oil to distilled water to wash wounds, grazes, and cuts.
- Make a compress
- Add oil to a full bath or a foot bath
- Add a few drops of oil to shampoo or conditioner
- Use as a gargle
- Use on a toothbrush
- Add oil to the washer, dryer (fabric sheet), dishwasher
- Diffuse using a commercial diffuser
- Place on a cotton ball and clip to a fan or vent
- Take a whiff directly out of the bottle
- Place a few drops on your pillow at night (some oils will stain)
- Place drops of oil in a bowl of hot water and inhale.
- Place oil in a glass jar of water placed on a candle warmer.
- Mist a room to eliminate odors
5. What cautions should I be aware of? click here* for in depth advice
- Quality essential oils are powerful substances and should be treated with respect. They are highly concentrated plant extracts; 1 drop is equivalent to at least one ounce of plant material.
- When working with babies, small children, pregnant women, someone with a history of drug abuse or who is taking a potent prescription medication, pay close attention to the cautions listed in the oil description. ALWAYS dilute the oils well using a carrier oil or distilled water.
- Begin slowly and with small amounts, building up to the amounts that are best for your personal use.
- Do not take essential oils internally. There is really no need to do so. They quickly absorb into the body and into the blood stream through the skin and the airways. They are strong enough to cause potential irritation to the digestive system.
- Some essential oils may trigger a ‘cleanse’ in the body; treat as you would any other situation of this type.
Leave a Comment